Monday, March 31, 2008

Shahrukh Khan's trade secret!




Shahrukh Khan is a smart businessman. He is a frustrated sportsman as he says which he vents out in his movies. He is the most successful star in the Bollywood fraternity. He is living many lives kingsize. He is there everywhere promoting F1 races, golf, hockey, football, movies, cricket, endorsements..ahem! No wonder, he is the King Khan. Management gurus and financial magazines are stating that SRK is a fine businessman as well. But the King Khan begs to differ.

In a report to Times of India Shahrukh Khans states, “People only look at the successes that I have had and think I’m a skilled businessman. It’s all crap. I have faced a lot of failures. When I first started my production company, everyone wrote it off. When Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani was released, it was written off instantly, and I remember headlines that said ‘Dreams turn into nightmares’, ‘Dreams gone down in dumps’. And, I started an internet company that went into nothing, complete zilch..”

But Shahrukh Khan has always maintained that however down the pits he had been in business, he had never taken a loan. Taking a fig from his mother’s advice, SRK believes in “air utne phailao jitni chadar ha” As he says,” , whenever I have had the chadar fall short, I have tried to stretch it by working more, by dancing more, by doing whatever it takes — but making sure that whoever has done a job with me, gets value for money. I’m old fashioned when it comes to money. I don’t even take an advance for a film that I do. I don’t do a business if I can’t afford it. Even the IPL investment — I have only been able to do because of all the guys who have come aboard and put in money with me. Hopefully, I will not lose here.””

s.Shahrukh Khan is very middle class in his thoughts and outfits. The black suits that he wears are the same, only the ties keep changing. The designer clothes are courtesy his movies. SRK states the money that he has earned from Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain ? has been pooled into IPL. Same as the money he earned from Kaun Banega Crorepati has been pooled in Om Shanti Om. Money goes back to work, as he say

No comments:

Post a Comment